Drive Medical Trident Powerchair
Overview of the Trident:
The Trident from Drive Medical is a front wheel drive chair that is built to last. It features a shroud-free steel frame that resists scratches and won’t crack. It can be disassembled into four pieces with the heaviest, the frame base, weighing 65 pounds. The controller can be placed on either the left or right arm and the arms are height, width and angle adjustable.
What Makes This Different
This chair has large 14″ drive wheels that can easily handle indoor and outdoor conditions. It also has an adjustable center of gravity on the underside of the seat for proper user positioning. The back is semi-reclining and is 20.5″ high with the headrest.
Why We Like It
The Trident is extremely durable and available in a standard 18″ seat width with the option to upgrade to 20″ wide. It also has adjustable spring-coil suspension standard, which is great for outdoor use. Disassembly is quick and easy and tool-free.
- Seat Depth1Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2Measured from the seat base to the top of the chair back. Power wheelchair riders need upper back support, particularly for the moment of initial acceleration.
- Hanger Angle3Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the electric power wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on the ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width4Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Front Seat to Floor5Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Electric power wheelchairs are almost never foot-propelled by the user – so excluding the additional two-inch footrest height for propelling is very rare.
- Shroudless design offers easy access to internal components and batteries
- Semi-reclining seat with adjustable headrest offers three height adjustments and two depth options
- Armrests are padded, adjustable and removable
- Available with 18” or 20” width Captain’s Seat
- Quick-release pins allow easy seat removal
- Adjustable, flip-up footplate includes rubber front bumper to prevent damage
- Positioning belt included
- Seat position can be adjusted forward and backward
- Programmable controller
- Optional swing-away controller arm sold separately
- Optional elevating leg rests sold separately
- Black, flat-free non-marking wheels
- Large, front anti-tip wheels feature suspension for safety, smoother ride and enhanced obstacle handling
- The controller is protected by a metal frame
- Easy free-wheel operation
- Slide-out battery tray
DRIVE MEDICAL TRIDENT POWERCHAIR
|Estimated Travel Range*
|48″ (L) x 25.75″ (W)
|12V x 36AH (U1)
|PG VR2 50A
|24V x 320W x 4600 rpm
|Battery Weight (pair)
|18” (W) x 18” (D) | 20” (W) x 18” (D)
|8″ x 2″ Solid
|14″ x 3″ Flat-free
All orders come with a manufacturer warranty -labour is excluded
|Warranty on Frame
|Warranty on Electronic Controller
|Warranty on Drive Train Components
|Warranty on Batteries
|Interested in seeing in person? Contact US.
|Find A Demo Location
Please fill the form below AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU.