Trident HD Powerchair KEY FEATURES
Overview of the Trident HD:
The Trident HD by Drive Medical is a heavy duty, front-wheel drive powerchair which features a sleek, durable design. The Trident HD features a streamlined, shroud-less design, which allows for ease in accessing internal components and batteries. The Trident HD can be disassembled into four pieces. The padded armrests are adjustable and removable, for total comfort and convenience.
- What Makes This Different
The Trident HD features large, 14” drive wheels, which easily maneuver on indoor and outdoor terrain. The powerchair also has durable ant-tip wheels in the front, which feature a suspension system for easy handling with obstacles. The 10” rear free-wheels follow seamlessly behind the chair, which has a 29” turning radius.
- Why We Like It
The Trident HD is built to get you where you need to go, with a 4 mph top speed and 15 mile driving range. The powerchair disassembles with ease, making transporting simple and convenient. The plus Captain’s seat is semi-reclining, and can be either 22” or 24”, accommodating users up to 450 pounds. The battery tray slides out, which makes it easy to charge and replace without the hassle. With the home in mind, the flip-up footplate features a rubber bumper, which helps prevent damage if the Trident HD bumps into a wall, chair or other furniture around the home.
- Shroudless design offers easy access to internal components and batteries
- Semi-Reclining captain seat with adjustable headrest is height and depth adjustable
- Armrests are padded, adjustable and removable
- Available with 22″ or 24″ width Captain’s seat
- Quick-release lever allow for easy seat removal
- Flip-up footplate includes rubber bumper to prevent damage and is height, depth and angle adjustable
- Positioning belt included
- Programmable Controller
- Black, flat-free non-marking wheels
- Large, front-anti-tip wheels feature suspension for safety, smoother ride and enhanced obstacle handling
- Joystick is protected by metal casing
- Easy free-wheel operation
- Slide-out battery tray for easy access
- Optional swing-away controller arm sold separately
- Optional elevating leg rests sold separately
- Seat Depth1
Measure from the most posterior point of the body to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches. Some prefer more leg overhang to make room for their hand when lifting their leg.
- Back Height2
Measured from the seat base to the top of the chair back. Power wheelchair riders need upper back support, particularly for the moment of initial acceleration.
- Hanger Angle3
Determines how far the toes extend away from the body, measured from the horizontal. A tighter angle allows the electric power wheelchair to turn around in less space. Depends in part on the ability of the knee to bend towards the perpendicular.
- Seat Width4
Determined by the widest point of the body from knee to hip, plus an inch to ensure room to move. Consider bulk of clothing, particularly a heavy winter coat, if relevant.
- Front Seat to Floor5
Measure the leg from the back of the knee to the sole of the foot. Then subtract the thickness of the cushion when it is compressed. Next, add a minimum of two inches for footrest clearance. Electric power wheelchairs are almost never foot-propelled by the user – so excluding the additional two-inch footrest height for propelling is very rare.
|Weight Capacity||450 lbs.|
|Top Speed||4 mph|
|Maximum Range||15 miles|
|Dimensions||48″ (L) x 25.75″ (W)|
|Seat Dimensions||22″ x 20″; 24″ x 22″|
|Controller||PG VR2 70A|
|Motor||24V x 450W x 2700 rpm|
|Batteries (pair)||12V x 50AH|
|Caster Wheels||10″ x 3″|
|Drive Wheels||14″ x 3″|
|Base Weight||98 lbs.|
|Battery Weight (pair)||66 lbs.|
|Seat Weight||48 lbs.|
|Total Weight||212 lbs.|
|Warranty on Frame||Limited Lifetime|
|Warranty on Electronic Controller||24 Months|
|Warranty on Drive Train Components||24 Months|
|Warranty on Batteries||12 Months|